What is a patio door?
Sliding patio doors, also known as gliding doors and sliding glass doors, are found in virtually every home. They have a similar appearance but operate differently than a French door which swings in or outward. The operating glass panel of a sliding patio door glides on rollers on a track in the sill. This design provides great ventilation with the operating panel stored completely and safely out of the way when in the open position.
What patio doors are available at Window Source Virginia?
Window Source patio doors come in two, three and four panel models. All glass panels are double pane, and are designed with code-compliant tempered safety glass.. The vinyl gliding panel frames are reinforced with heavy-gauge steel to make your door sturdy and durable, while featuring a full interlocking meeting rail.
The sliding panel rides on a solid brass rolling system for easy operation and the threshold features a strong anodized aluminum sill cover to last a lifetime. This will provide you with the opportunity to enjoy the large open view from your new patio door.
Each door comes standard with white or beige handles. And we also offer optional brass, satin chrome, or oil-rubbed handles.
With our LowE/Argon glass upgrade, your new patio door will carry the Energy Star certification, giving you the assurance of energy savings and comfort.
Patio Door Features
- Multi-chambered vinyl frames
- Fusion-welded sashes
- Full vertical heavy-gauge steel reinforcement in sash frames
- Tempered safety glass in all panes
- Warm edge spacer system
- Meets Energy Star requirements with LowE/Argon glass optional upgrade
- Over-sized tandem steel rollers provide easy gliding operation
- Dual point opposing hook locking mortise
- Optional dual-point lock and/or our optional foot bolt lock
- Transferable Lifetime Warranty